Monday 15 August 2022

Will this be the end of my Youtube channel? Yet more censorship struggles.

If youtube's policy is that images of animal cruelty result in a community guideline strike, my whole channel could be deleted and disappear tomorrow (as I certainly have more than three examples of this on the channel, and their policy is, "three strikes and you're out").


This has never happened before.


Here's the text I typed into their web-form, as an objection / complaint:

(1) I am a vegan activist.  (2) I am an animal rights activist.  (3) I have published books, for example, on this topic, and I have uploaded more than 100 lectures to youtube (arguing that the slaughter of animals is immoral).  (4) The moral and educational purpose of the video is therefore clear to the audience.  (5) "We review educational, documentary, artistic, and scientific content on a case-by-case basis."  The violence against animals shown here is clearly educational and documentary in its purpose.  (6) "Limited exceptions are made for content with sufficient and appropriate context and where the purpose of posting is clear."  The POLITICAL PURPOSE of the video is indeed clear to the audience (and there is a warning at the start of the video) criticizing the meat industry.