Tuesday 21 May 2024

"This series has really made me reflect on the time wasted being a bad person, following only my instincts like an animal, indulging the pleasures of the body with a life of leisure and excuses, daydreaming, living my life as if time did not stop."

[A youtube comment in Spanish, here rendered into English by Google translate.  The author's name is given as @georg_y_zoroaster]

Although I am very sorry for this whole situation, what this has meant for Eisel, being that this has truly represented a tragedy for him, finding out that the person he loves, for whom he has done so much, is not who he thought he was. Although this really breaks my heart, since Eisel has been my hero for several years now, and I only wish the best for him, this has actually been very...educational and inspiring for me.


I identify with many of Melissa's mistakes, even though I haven't made the same mistakes as her. (Maybe I'm just projecting, but I'm actually aware of how different I am from her, and that, even with everything, she's still intellectually superior to me.) I'm glad she has someone so morally and intellectually superior who loves and respects her so much (treating her like an adult instead of a child) that he helps her stay in line, and improve herself, and that she, Despite all your flaws, you can find the strength and humility to look in the mirror and want to solve the riddle of how to direct your life to be a better person.


For now I only have myself, partly because most of the people around me are even more immoral and vile than me, but I also have to admit that I myself have not gone out and looked for people more intelligent and moral than me. (out of embarrassment and because I feel intimidated by them, but I suppose also because I don't want to leave my comfort zone: practically out of laziness). And for the same reason I am aware that I have to be completely honest with myself and take full responsibility for my actions, since for now I have no one else to keep me in line.


But this series has really made me reflect on the time wasted being a bad person, following only my instincts like an animal, indulging the pleasures of the body with a life of leisure and excuses, daydreaming, living my life as if time did not stop. I would pass, waiting for some miracle of willpower, instead of working every day and every moment on my habits; Instead of doing something with my life, doing something in this world. I too have my own puzzle to solve.


I just hope that Melissa can really find a way to be a better person and a true intellectual, and to repay Eisel as best as possible; and that Eisel can find in Melissa a partner at least as loving as him, who supports him and encourages him in his projects and in his life.



[And here is the original Spanish:]

Aunque lamento mucho toda esta situación, lo que esto ha significado para Eisel, siendo que esto realmente ha representado una tragedia para él, enterarse de que la persona a la que ama, por la que ha hecho tanto, no es quien creyó que era. Aunque esto realmente me parte el alma, puesto que Eisel ha sido mi héroe durante ya varios años, y solo deseo lo mejor para él, esto realmente ha sido muy...educativo e inspirador para mí.


Me identifico con muchos de los errores de Melissa, aún cuando no he errado en la mismas cosas que ella. (Tal vez solo estoy proyectando, pero en realidad estoy consciente de lo diferente que soy de ella, y que, incluso con todo, ella sigue siendo intelectualmente superior a mí). Me da gusto que ella tenga a alguien tan moral e intelectualmente superior que la quiere y respeta tanto (tratándola como una adulta en vez de como un niño) que la ayuda a mantenerse a raya, y a superarse a sí misma, y que ella, a pesar de todos sus defectos, pueda encontrar la fuerza y la humildad para verse en el espejo y querer resolver el acertijo de cómo dirigir su vida para ser una mejor persona.


Por ahora yo solo me tengo a mí, en parte porque la mayoría de la gente que me rodea es incluso más inmoral y vil que yo, pero también tengo que reconocer que yo misma no he salido ha buscar a gente más inteligente y moral que yo (por vergüenza y porque me siento intimidada por ellos, pero supongo que también por no querer salir de mi zona de comfort: prácticamente por pereza). Y por lo mismo soy consciente de que tengo que ser completamente honesta conmigo misma y tomar total responsabilidad sobre mis acciones, puesto que por ahora no tengo a nadie más que me mantenga a raya.


Pero esta serie realmente me ha hecho reflexionar sobre el tiempo perdido siendo una mala persona, siguiendo solo mis instintos como un animal, complaciendo los placeres del cuerpo con una vida de ocio y de excusas, soñando despierta, viviendo mi vida como si el tiempo no pasara, en espera de algún milagro de fuerza de voluntad, en vez de trabajar cada día y cada momento en mis hábitos; en vez de hacer algo con mi vida, hacer algo en este mundo. Yo también tengo mi propio acertijo que resolver.


Tan solo espero que Melissa pueda realmente encontrar la manera de ser mejor persona y una verdadera intelectual, y de compensarle a Eisel lo mejor posible; y que Eisel pueda encontrar en Melissa una pareja por lo menos tan amorosa como él, que lo apoye y lo impulse en sus proyectos y en su vida


—————